[Snort-users] Snort on Netra X1's

Chris Halverson cdh at ...1091...
Tue Apr 24 14:47:28 EDT 2001

Kevin Brown <Kevin.M.Brown at ...1022...> writes:

> I'm working on putting Snort on a Loaner Netra T1 that we got in on Monday.
> So far I need to remove a huge number of packages that were installed that
> aren't needed, like X and foreign languages.  Since it seems Gcc doensn't do
> 64-bit code (at least from what I read on the site) I'll need to load the
> Sun Compiler suite that we have.

Gcc is fully capable of doing 64 bit code under Solaris. The quandry,
of course, is compiling it in 64 bit mode to begin with :) The "trick"
(for others who don't have SunPro) is to download the demo compiler
and then compile gcc w/ that. Then you're pretty much set. Search
groups.google.com in comp.unix.solaris for more info, but it
definitely can be done.

cdh

--
Chris D. Halverson                         Complete Internet Solutions