[Snort-users] Scan Proxy

A.L.Lambert alambert at ...1889...
Tue Apr 24 10:54:55 EDT 2001

> > > I have been getting lots of SCAN Proxy Attempts lately to
> > > ports 1080 8080 and 3128.
> >
> > I bet you a dollar you use IRC and the servers are scanning you.
> > -Steve
>
> Well if it was the case I would be very happy to send you a dollar.
> But the real asnwer is no I do not even use icq so ?

	FYI - over the last 2 weeks, I've been seeing the same scans in
HUGE numbers (outpacing ftpd and bind scans sometimes for days on end).
Probably a new worm or some such we'll hear about once someone figures out
what's going on.  :)

--
A.L.Lambert
The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level