[Snort-users] SnortSnarf mailing lists

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Mon Apr 23 18:15:20 EDT 2001

Greetings everyone,

Well, SnortSnarf seems to have an increasing user base, so we at
Silicon Defense decided it was about time that it have some special
mailing lists dedicated to it.

snortsnarf-users at ...1880...:  the general mailing list
for SnortSnarf; intended for discussion about SnortSnarf and
announcements.  You can post your questions here and hopefully have
it answered by myself or another user.  (Don't forget that Silicon
Defense offers commercial support for Snort and related products,
including SnortSnarf.  See http://www.silicondefense.com/.)
Subscribe and get more info about SnortSnarf-users at:

snortsnarf-devel at ...1880...:  a mailing list for
SnortSnarf development.  Potential and actual module developers
should sign up for this along with other interested parties.  We can
discuss ideas for modules, the way SnortSnarf is modularized (I'm
sure there is some room for improvement) and the APIs, etc.  I think
one of the first major things we'll be discussing is how best it
should be set up so that the user can select which input, storage,
and output modules to use and to specify their configuration.
Subscribe and get more info on this forum at: