[Snort-users] Snort Stopped

Yonah Russ yonah at ...569...
Thu Apr 19 10:42:34 EDT 2001

Before you make a new filesystem to hold your log files you might try
using 'find' to look for anywhere lots of small files may have
accumulated.  I've seen misconfigured Mandrake systems (it seems that they
come out of the box misconfigured) which were set to logrotate everything
in some directories which meant they rotated the previously rotated logs
as well... growth is exponential.
good luck
yonah