[Snort-users] Weird fragmentation plugin error

Wozz wozz+snort at ...471...
Thu Apr 19 02:58:22 EDT 2001

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 12:30:03AM -0400, Martin Roesch wrote:

> Ouch. :)  Here's a quick fix (these messages shouldn't be logged as
> alerts anyway, they should be log messages).  I hope you aren't
> replacing Snort 100% with Dragon, we've got some fun stuff coming up...
> :)

We are....had I known about the tagging stuff and more dynamic stuff thats been
added recently when we made the original plans (8 months ago) I might have
reconsidered.  Snort as an engine has impressed me greatly.  The only thing missing
is a really good front end.  ACID is close, but the web and command line tools for
dragon are REALLY powerful out of the box.  However, snort has proved itself real
useful, and I'll probably be working on some mechanism for integrating temporary
snort sensors (as dragon is hostname licensed) for trouble spots through the dragon
workbench.  I'll test the patch out and see if it fixes the problem.  Thanks!