[Snort-users] More on the Possible Mem leak

___cliff rayman___ cliff at ...1366...
Thu Apr 19 01:05:34 EDT 2001

i'm not one of the developers, but depending on your OS,
try something like strace.  it should give u some indication
of what snort is up to when it is sucking up the CPU.  you
can also try attaching gdb and trace though it.

gdb snort pid

even if u don't have a good handle on the source code, you can
backtrace (bt), and get an idea what part of the code it
is drudging through.

this might give the developers a little more of a clue what
is happening on your system.

--
___cliff rayman___cliff at ...1367...://www.genwax.com/