[Snort-users] More on the Possible Mem leak

Len Burns lenb at ...750...
Thu Apr 19 00:25:02 EDT 2001

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Martin Roesch wrote:

> Question: how many people who are seeing memory leaks are using the
> database plugin too?
I am, I am also seeing something else odd that I am not quite sure how
to track down.  From time to time, I find snort eating 97 or 98% of
the cpu, in an environment where it is not receiving an overwhelming
number of packets.  At times it can go for several days normally, and
att others, this condition developes with in several hours.  It does
not crash.  Suggestions?

-Len