[Snort-users] Snort Stopped

Daniel Paul Hart dan at ...1842...
Wed Apr 18 20:52:59 EDT 2001

Roel,

You were right, my log cycling script was bust.
My only concern is that if I have a particularly active day this could happen again.

Cheers.

Dan Hart

-------Original Message-------

From: roel at ...47...
Date: 19 April 2001 01:09:39
To: Daniel Paul Hart
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort Stopped

Daniel,

That looks like you're running out of directory entries in that particular directory.
I suspect you have an excessive amount of files in that directory.

Hope that that gives you a ptr, as to what to look at. (Put in something that
rotates/archives the logs nightly, and starts over with a clean slate.)

--
roel
Silicon Defense: Technical Support for Snort!