[Snort-users] Snort Stopped

___cliff rayman___ cliff at ...1366...
Wed Apr 18 20:22:21 EDT 2001

you are using too many inodes in your file system.  basically,
you have too many individual files and there are not enough
inode entities available to store the metadata in.  i think the max
on linux is 32,000, which is the max for a virtual file system.

make a new fs just for snort so it will not overflow.

this is the danger of using the fs as a database.  i like to do it
also, but i am keeping my eye on a similar problem for another
application.

hth,
--
___cliff rayman___cliff at ...1367...://www.genwax.com/