[Snort-users] Weird fragmentation plugin error

Wozz wozz+snort at ...471...
Tue Apr 17 23:12:10 EDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 08:00:45PM -0600, Wozz wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>   I've noticed some strange activity with snort running on OpenBSD 2.8.
> I'm concerned it may be malicious activity, or at the very least strange.
> I'm running snort-1.7 with the defrag plugin (as well as database output).
> Yesterday, snort crashed, when I try and fire up snort today I get the
> following (with gdb)

Am I the only person who has experienced this problem?  I'd prefer to not
run the cvs version if I can avoid it, as it would be a fair amount of work
to upgrade all of my sensors to support the new db schema.  I'm hoping
someone has seen this, or has some idea of what the problem could be.