[Snort-users] Blocking Attack

Blake Frantz blake at ...319...
Tue Apr 17 20:06:01 EDT 2001

Check our Gaurdian from snort.org:
http://www.snort.org/Files/Guardian.tar.gz

There has been a log of people looking for solutions that allow them to
automatically block offending/attacking IPs, but still no mention of
the potential consequences of misconfigured systems.  This is just a
friendly reminder to tell your IDR system that it should never block your
gateway, DNS/Mail server etc...else spoofing becomes a trivial DoS.

Blake