[Snort-users] Re: [Snort-devel] Snort 1.8 status update

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Tue Apr 17 14:44:48 EDT 2001

> a quick list:
>
> - Added new protocol to the rules language: "ip".  The IP header can be
> inspected by rules exclusively using this protocol, including the
> fragbits "MF" value.  Example:

[snip snip]

a few interesting (missed) fixes/addons :) (since 1.7)

- linux_sll (interface 'any') support fixed (according to new libpcap
  specification)

- new debugging code (for bug reports and developers :), no more #ifdef DEBUG please
if possible :-->). Original idea from Eugene Tsyrklevich

- strl* family functions (mostly for future developers, we'd encourage these to be
  used) (original code also supplied by Eugene)

- new tcp stream reassembly module from Chris Cramer

- include directives now are relative to snort.conf file location (unless full
  path in a config file is given)

- minor null ptr fixes and patches there and here :-) (thanks to all of you
  guys who helped tracking them down, really :-))

there were probably others.. :)