[Snort-users] SnortSnarf version 041501.1

Burleson, Lee (IA) Lee.Burleson at ...1358...
Mon Apr 16 18:02:01 EDT 2001

Jim -

Well, I happen to also have a copy of netcat (for Win32), and I tested it
out.  Incredibly, I was able to open the .gz file just fine.  According to
your logic, that means that there probably is a browser problem.  I can hear
the public sigh as I tell you that I've been using IE5.5, but that does not
solve the mystery of being able to use the .gz from snort.org.

I don't have a uuencode program, so if you still want the IE-downloaded .gz
file in UU format, I'll have to get one from the Net somewhere.

But here's a clue: the file size of the IE-dl'ed .gz is 542,720 bytes,
whereas the nc file is 120,629 bytes.

Thanks again.

- Lee