[Snort-users] SnortSnarf version 041501.1

Burleson, Lee (IA) Lee.Burleson at ...1358...
Mon Apr 16 16:02:05 EDT 2001

Jim -

OK, that worked fine.  I received a .uu file that WinZip was able to open.
The extracted .gz file checked out at 120,629 bytes.  I was then able to
open that file normally; WinZip then offered to untar the .tar file
automatically, as the .gz only contained that one file.  I suspect that
PKZip at the command line would succeed as well.

I.e, your attachment came through just fine.  I'll take it and run.  What
could the difference(s) be between the .gz file on silicondefense.com, the
.gz on snort.org, and the .uu via email?

I don't think that email-based distribution will scale very well.  ;)

- Lee