[Snort-users] Snort Snarf Error

David Gullett dgullett at ...1656...
Fri Apr 13 22:05:18 EDT 2001

You need to include the rules file in your command line using the -rulesfile
switch, like this:

./snortsnarf.pl -dns -d /etc/snort/snortsnarf/html -rulesfile
/etc/snort/snort.conf /var/log/snort/alert

Good Luck!

David Gullett
Circuits Maximus, LLC.
http://www.circuitsmaximus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Caruso, Ken
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 6:52 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort Snarf Error

Hello,

	First off thanks for all the info regarding the Sniffing on Switched
network post yesterday, I am in the proccess of planning my dog and pony
show for person I mentioned and provide him with his password.

	But the real reason I am sending this email is becuase I have been
playing around with SnortSnarf and I seem to be getting an error message in
SnortSnarf.pl, here it is:

	Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/SnortSnarf/SnortRules.pm line 33.

	It looks like its the line refering to the rules_file or rules_dir.
But I dont have the foggiest as what to do next.

Thanks

Ken Caruso