[Snort-users] Snort Snarf Error

Caruso, Ken ken.caruso at ...1122...
Thu Apr 12 19:52:04 EDT 2001

Hello,

	First off thanks for all the info regarding the Sniffing on Switched
network post yesterday, I am in the proccess of planning my dog and pony
show for person I mentioned and provide him with his password.

	But the real reason I am sending this email is becuase I have been
playing around with SnortSnarf and I seem to be getting an error message in
SnortSnarf.pl, here it is:

	Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
/usr/local/libdata/perl5/site_perl/SnortSnarf/SnortRules.pm line 33.

	It looks like its the line refering to the rules_file or rules_dir.
But I dont have the foggiest as what to do next.

Thanks

Ken Caruso