[Snort-users] OT: Sniffing Switched Traffic

pbsarnac at ...1799... pbsarnac at ...1799...
Wed Apr 11 15:11:20 EDT 2001

Just to be different, I'm going to suggest Hunt. It does ARP spoofing,
session hijacking, all kinds of nifty stuff.

http://lin.fsid.cvut.cz/~kra/index.html#HUNT

                    "Caruso, Ken"
                    <ken.caruso at ...1122...>               To:     snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
                    Sent by:                             cc:
                    snort-users-admin at ...635...        Subject:     [Snort-users] OT: Sniffing Switched Traffic
                    eforge.net

                    04/11/01 12:16 PM

Hello,

     Slightly off-topic but I figured this would be wise list to ask. I
recently got in a friendly argument with a co-worker regarding the fact
that
we still use telnet on a majority of our sun systems. He went on about how
we are on a switched network and we are firewalled, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Just to ruffle his feathers I would like to set up a test scenario on
Catalyst 4000 switch, and possibly compromise the switch or impersonate a
mac address to try to intercept telnet traffic. Can somebody point me to a
good online document/resource for this.

Thanks

Ken Caruso