[Snort-users] OT: Sniffing Switched Traffic

Caruso, Ken ken.caruso at ...1122...
Wed Apr 11 13:16:20 EDT 2001

Hello,

	Slightly off-topic but I figured this would be wise list to ask. I
recently got in a friendly argument with a co-worker regarding the fact that
we still use telnet on a majority of our sun systems. He went on about how
we are on a switched network and we are firewalled, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Just to ruffle his feathers I would like to set up a test scenario on
Catalyst 4000 switch, and possibly compromise the switch or impersonate a
mac address to try to intercept telnet traffic. Can somebody point me to a
good online document/resource for this.

Thanks

Ken Caruso