[Snort-users] Re: Snort-users digest, Vol 1 #554 - 12 msgs

Karl A. Krueger kkrueger at ...315...
Tue Apr 10 13:46:16 EDT 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 Dan Cuthbert wrote:
> funny thing happening on my Debian server running Snort 1.7 (from
> unstable sources) snort seems to restart itself in other processes,
> like below any reason why it would restart a new process eveyday?

This sounds to me like an issue with the /etc/init.d/snort script, or
perhaps with Debian start-stop-daemon.  There are some issues regarding
snort, start-stop-daemon, and pidfiles.

Does "/etc/init.d/snort restart" spawn a duplicate snort?  Does it give
any error messages?

--
Karl A. Krueger <kkrueger at ...315...>
Linux/Unix Systems Support -- Network Security -- Etc.