[Snort-users] Dynamic Addresses

Blake Frantz blake at ...319...
Tue Apr 10 12:55:43 EDT 2001

Snort allows you to use the -S switch from the command line to specify
variables that override the config file.  For example

Something like this (im on a linux 2.2.16 box):

-S HOME_NET=`ifconfig eth0|grep "inet addr"|cut -f2 -d":"|cut -f1 -d" "`

It's ulgy, but it should work.

You might also want to check out the script written by Sten Kalenda
Apeldoorn, which can be found at:

http://www.snort.org/Files/address_config.sh

Hope this helps.

Blake