[Snort-users] SNORT WON'T LOG ANYTHING IN MYSQL

Bamm Visscher bamm at ...539...
Mon Apr 9 23:07:42 EDT 2001

Probably because by default, the output database example is before the
output to syslog.  And if you try to run snort with this config (output
database; output syslog), then alerts only will only be logged to the
syslog function.  It took me a while to figure this one out. By chance,
I finally swapped the order (output syslog; output database) and bingo
all was well. If this is documented somewhere, I missed it.

Bammkkkk