[Snort-users] Portscans Under Linux 2.4?

Blake Frantz blake at ...319...
Mon Apr 9 12:58:12 EDT 2001

What version of snort?

Do these boxes detect other traffic *besides* portscans?

Are these boxes multihomed?  If so, are you watching the correct
interface?

Are the snort boxes firewalled? Purhaps the SYN probes are
being blocked upstream.

Blake

The Government, like diapers, should be replaced regularly, and
often for the same reasons.