[Snort-users] Snort 1.7 OpenBSD 2.8 and MySQL

Mike Johnson mike at ...874...
Fri Apr 6 15:14:57 EDT 2001

Chad Gough [chad131 at ...131...] wrote:
> This my be more of a MySql config issue, but I'm sure someone here
> has seen this.
>
> If I install MySQL, then compile Snort, everything works fine...
>
> However, when I reboot the machine, and try to run snort again, I get
> and error (below).  If I reinstall MySQL, everything will work fine
> (until I reboot)!!  What am I losing when I reboot the box??  Does
> OpenBSD have an /etc/ld.so.conf file similiar to Linux??  If so I
> can't find it.

Yes.

Look for shlib_dirs= in /etc/rc.conf

What's you're loosing is the library path.  Add
shlib_dirs="/usr/local/mysql/lib" (or whatever it is) and you're
good to go.  If you don't want to reboot, do this:
/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/mysql/lib
(again, I dunno the real path to the mysql libs).

Mike
--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried -- unknown