[Snort-users] Snort alerts...

Dave Fitches sticks.au at ...375...
Wed Apr 4 23:07:21 EDT 2001

Can anyone e-mail me pvtly with suggestions on how to get snort to TELL ME
[either via e-mail or some other fashion] that an alert has occurred?!

I've got it up and running and logging, but I'm at somewhat of a loss as to
how to get it to TELL me when something occurs... I just DON'T seem to be
able to get Samba Alerts to work, then it could pop-up a window on my Win'98
box that is my primary work horse...

My Linux knowledge is unfortunately spotty... I can do something REALLY well
(like firewalls) but other things that most people would say "but that's
simple" elude me....

- -	Thanks in advance...

		    = Dave Fitches =

 ,--__|\    David Fitches
/       \   * ICQ : 2120090   * SATCO CID : 955589
\_,--\__/   * Mobile : +61-419-466-744
       v    * E-mail : sticks.au at ...375...
               Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
               Web: http://www.bigfoot.com/~sticks.au/
Please Note: Unless this e-mail has been sent as PRIVATE, PERSONAL or
CONFIDENTIAL, the receiver may forward copies of it on the condition  that
they send an advisory message to the original sender.
If however the message has been marked PRIVATE, PERSONAL or CONFIDENTIAL
prior consent MUST be obtained before the message can be forwarded.