[Snort-users] Snort DUAL nics

Ryan Russell ryan at ...35...
Wed Apr 4 19:11:20 EDT 2001

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, shawn . moyer wrote:

> Ryan Russell wrote:
>
> > Any idea if the box will respond to broadcast or multicast IP with that
> > configuration?
>
> It shouldn't but to be on the safe side you might think about making a
> stealth cable (transmit leads cut). This should get you started:

I'm familiar with the read-only cables, but I was really more curious
about whether that setup was safe or not.. not because I would
neccessarily do it that way, but because other people probably do.

I also don't think the read-only cable will help, as any replies would be
going out the interface that does have an IP address.

					Ryan