[Snort-users] Port open question

Kevin.Brown at ...1022... Kevin.Brown at ...1022...
Wed Apr 4 12:04:44 EDT 2001

I'm trying to figure out what program is running on my Sparc (Solaris 7) and
using port 2766.  I did a search of the rules and found:

EXPLOIT nlps x86 solaris overflow

I tried using `netstat -a` to see if port 2766 was listed there, but no
luck.  This port is only open on one of the sparcs that I control and can't
figure out why.

I can telnet to the port (e.g. telnet server 2766) and it opens a connection
then just sits there.  Any ideas on what it could be?