[Snort-users] problem with I turn on with promiscuous mode

Law, Bennith YB Bennith.YB.Law at ...1721...
Tue Apr 3 03:27:01 EDT 2001

Hi,

         The snort is working properly, the daemon is up and running. I
guess "$INTERFACE" still work because I have only one NIC. Anyway, I'm
replace the NIC to a 3Com network card and now I can use the promiscuous
mode. Thanks all of your comment!

Bennith.

At 13:37 3/4/2001, Vitaly McLain wrote:
>Is Snort working properly, otherwise? I was looking at this:
>
>daemon /usr/sbin/snort -u root -g root -Afull -p -o -e -s -d -D
>-i  $INTERFACE -l /var/log/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf
>
>You DID specify what $INTERFACE was somwhere, right?
>
>Furthermore, RealTek-based cards are, well, crap. They're cheap and they're
>buggy.
>I am not sure about your part of the country/world, but around here you
>could pick up
>a nice Intel NIC for ~$25 or less at a computer show.
>
>Vitaly McLain
>twistah at ...93...
>twistah @ OPN & EfNet
>"If you don't turn on to politics, politics will turn on you."
>        - Ralph Nader

Law Yui Bun Bennith
Internet Technology And Services
E-Mail : Bennith.YB.Law at ...1721...