[Snort-users] problem with I turn on with promiscuous mode

Vitaly McLain twistah at ...93...
Tue Apr 3 01:37:06 EDT 2001

Is Snort working properly, otherwise? I was looking at this:

daemon /usr/sbin/snort -u root -g root -Afull -p -o -e -s -d -D
-i  $INTERFACE -l /var/log/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

You DID specify what $INTERFACE was somwhere, right?

Furthermore, RealTek-based cards are, well, crap. They're cheap and they're
buggy.
I am not sure about your part of the country/world, but around here you
could pick up
a nice Intel NIC for ~$25 or less at a computer show.

Vitaly McLain
twistah at ...93...
twistah @ OPN & EfNet
"If you don't turn on to politics, politics will turn on you."
       - Ralph Nader