[Snort-users] problem with I turn on with promiscuous mode

Law, Bennith YB Bennith.YB.Law at ...1721...
Tue Apr 3 00:59:21 EDT 2001

no problem, sir.

System Architecture :
         x86

Operating System and version :
         Red Hat Linux release 7.0 Kernel 2.2.16-22 on an i686

What rules (if any) you were using :
         The most update "vision.rules" (I make a cron job to download this
file hourly)
         The snortrules.tar.gz from snort web site.

What command line switches you were using :
           daemon /usr/sbin/snort -u root -g root -Afull -p -o -e -s -d -D
-i  $INTERFACE -l /var/log/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

Any Snort error messages :
         When I turn on the promiscuous mode (without -p), I cannot telnet
and ping this host after few minutes.

NIC Model :
         I check the modules.conf and the alias of eth0 is "rt18139".
         This is the HP Brio PC and the network card is "Realtek RTL8139(A)
- based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter".

Best Regrads,
Bennith.