[Snort-users] Snort crash with SIGSEGV on HP-UX 10.20

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Mon Apr 2 16:37:04 EDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 04:24:14PM +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> Well, another crash with a recent (4 day old) CVS checkout:
>
> #0  0x0 in ?? ()
> #1  0x25f90 in Preprocess (p=0x7b03acf0) at rules.c:3240

And could we see the rules file as well? Looks like one of the preprocessors didn't initialize itself properly (the function ptr is NULL).
(I could provide you a trivial fix-patch if you want to get rid off coredump quickly, but I guess it would make sense to trace down who is a bad boy here as well :PP)