[Snort-users] snort dies under RH7 (was) Snort website unreadable fonts

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Mon Apr 2 16:07:57 EDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 01:05:17PM -0400, dave w capella wrote:

> >I think Fyodor is working on snortdog which will (in the future?) do
> >this too
>
> I just do this from cron:
>
> 0 * * * * ps -A|grep -q snort || { /etc/init.d/snort start;mail -s 'snort restarted' root }
>
> but i hate to kludge w/o an idea of the underlying problem. :)

SnortDog is actually a more sane (I hope) way to have snort running. I will upload some fixes and some updates within this week to snort.sourceforge.net (snortcon piece is party finished now althrough no ssl yet, just testing the protocol ;P)