[Snort-users] snort dies under RH7 (was) Snort website unreadablefonts

dave w capella dave.capella at ...1712...
Mon Apr 2 14:10:34 EDT 2001

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Martin Roesch wrote:

>We're working on the problem, it appears that there may be a bug in the
>stream reassembler currently that we're checking into.

thanx, Marty! i can live w/my kludge if i know a fix is in the offing. ;)

btw, thanx for a great app. w/everything on my plate, it's difficult to
devote sufficient time to security; now at least i have some idea of what's
on the wire while i buid the rest of the network.

>I saw a crash report from the defrag preprocessor this morning as well,
>it'd be nice if you could give us some feedback on what's causing the
>crash by following the instructions of the BUGS file...

sorry, wasn't thinking. will do that now.

...dave
--
dave w capella            |  http://capella.ithaca.ny.us/
Systems Administrator     |  mailto:dave.capella at ...1712...