[Snort-users] Automatically starting Snort in FreeBSD

shawn . moyer shawn at ...1184...
Sun Apr 1 22:55:46 EDT 2001

lists wrote:

> Hello all... I know this is can be done in a bunch of different ways.. I was intersted in where exactly I should put my command line:
>
> snort -d -e -l /usr/snortlogs -v -c /usr/jmagee/snort*7/snort.conf -D
>
> So that snort starts up for me everytime my FreeBSD box is rebooted.

/etc/rc.local is the accepted location for local services and such in
*BSD, and will be parsed by init on your box.

man rc.local will tell you all kinds of neat stuff.

--shawn

--

s h a w n   m o y e r
shawn at ...1184...

"Nuclear war would really set back cable."
                             -- Ted Turner