[Snort-users] Snort net problems

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Sat Sep 30 10:27:16 EDT 2000

~ :I tried installing snort net and had a ton of errors with the patch. Does any

Patch?! :) I don't remember I was issuing any patches after initial
release, anyway I have fixed a couple of minor compilation issues with
snortnet after publishing initial code snapshot. I will probably upload it
to snortnet.scorpions.net tonight. I just didn't think there would be any
interest in the code except for some `giving it a try' purposes. :)

I will post a note to the list, I guess.. :)

~ :have any ideas or clues. I am using source from snort 1.6-2.  Is there any
~ :other way to do remote logging of snort alerts.

 Lots.. :-) snortnet is basically a prototype more than a stable
productional code yet, give a try to use spo_log_database plugins, they
show good results :)