[Snort-users] snort isn't doing anything

Joe McAlerney joey at ...155...
Fri Sep 29 20:22:51 EDT 2000

Hi,

This is a common mistake with snort beginners (I did the same thing).
When you use -D, alerts are logged to /var/log/snort.alert.  I'm not
aware of a way to override this.  Your specified logging directory
should still have the source address directories of the hosts that
produced the alerts.

-Joe M.