[Snort-users] Win* machines - port 139 scans

Kevin Bogac kevin at ...150...
Tue Sep 26 18:58:14 EDT 2000

We've got a rash of funlove viruses running around the internal
network and they're showing up as loads of netbios port scans. I
guess the virus scans for other boxes with shares so it can spread.
You could be seeing the same thing.