[Snort-users] Snort dies for some unknown reason after a couple days...

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Mon Sep 25 20:16:07 EDT 2000

~ :I'm using the debian package for snort 1.6.3.  It's running beautifully and
~ :everything works but for some unknown reason it will die on its own after a
~ :few days.  I've checked thru the logs and can't find any hints as to what's
~ :happening.  The .deb has a daily cron job which will check to see if snort
~ :is up so the way I know it's died is I get a system email telling me the
~ :"check script" runs and returns value '1'.  I restart it and it lasts for
~ :another few days before it dies again.
~ :

Well, we fixed a couple of bugs in 1.6.3, try to play with patchelevel2
release (available at snort.sourceforge.net :-))