[Snort-users] SNMP verification.

Patrick Audley lists+nessus at ...14...
Mon Sep 25 19:03:27 EDT 2000

        I've had a quick look at the snmp_default_communities.nasl
script and can't figure out why it reports many usernames as being
valid when run against a few of our NT boxes.  It seems that they are
running snmp daemons, but only for a small subset of the snmp OID
space.  Is it possible to have the snmp plugin also try to retrieve a
few standard variables and report success or failure?  Could we add
the option to try setting a standard (but non-destructive variable)
under the DOS section?

                                        Just my thoughts :)

--
.--------[ Group Telecom - The Power of Information ]------------.
| Patrick Audley                     Voice (604) 484.1027        |