[Snort-users] Snort dies for some unknown reason after a couple days...

DTR dtr at ...508...
Mon Sep 25 11:35:44 EDT 2000

I'm using the debian package for snort 1.6.3.  It's running beautifully and
everything works but for some unknown reason it will die on its own after a
few days.  I've checked thru the logs and can't find any hints as to what's
happening.  The .deb has a daily cron job which will check to see if snort
is up so the way I know it's died is I get a system email telling me the
"check script" runs and returns value '1'.  I restart it and it lasts for
another few days before it dies again.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

DTR