[Snort-users] Spade v092200.1

James Hoagland hoagland at ...47...
Fri Sep 22 13:54:33 EDT 2000

Greetings,

Here is a update version of Spade for those of you who are getting
Segmentation Faults while using Spade and MySQL.

With some much appreciated help from poltrup at ...505..., I was able to
find out that the problem was that libmysqlclient.so was calling one
of Spade's internal routines.  *Sigh*.  Is there a good way to do
namespace management in C?

Anyways, a simple renaming of the function seems to have solved the problem.

As always, you can download this latest version from the Spade/Spice web page:

   http://www.silicondefense.com/spice/

If people are having problems getting Spade working or have some
comments or questions, please let me know at
hoagland at ...154...  I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

   Jim
|*  Voice: (707) 445-4355 x13          Fax: (707) 445-4222  *|