[Snort-users] Messages in syslog re: log_database

Jed Pickel jed at ...153...
Fri Sep 22 04:10:48 EDT 2000

> I am running snort CVS (9/20) and have mysql logging enabled. I started to
> occasionally get this message:
>
> Sep 22 00:08:19 <hostname> snort[10942]: log_database: mysql_error: MySQL server has gone away
>
> Both snort and the mysql server is still running and have not been restarted.
> Any idea why these messages are showing up?

Hmm.. The "MySQL server has gone away" part of this message is being
produced by the mysqlclient library. Are you able to correlate this
message with any other activity or does it occur randomly? At what
frequency do are you get those messages? Also, are you connecting to a
database on the same host or a remote host?

* Jed