[Snort-users] Re: Segmentation Fault

Fyodor fygrave at ...121...
Fri Sep 22 01:58:44 EDT 2000

Ooooooh.. now that sounds strange, as far as I remember we haven't been
putting any interfaces-manipulation code into snort on the way from 1.6.3
to 1.6.3-patchlevel1. As the matter of fact we do not touch network
devices directly at all, completely relaying on libpcap functionality.

Can you strace snort until it notices that interface went down? I'd like
to see what's going on.

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 out of nowhere stefmit at ...384... spoke:

~ :	Tried this (got the patched version) - something interesting is
~ :happening now - before the patched version it used to run 5-10
~ :minutes, followed by a core dump/segmentation fault. Now it runs
~ :for less than a minute, followed by a "network not up" error, after
~ :which I have to "ifconfig eth0 up" again ... of course I never received
~ :a segmentation fault again ... but I am not quite sure I want to bring
~ :up the interface that often either ?!?
~ :	Anybody any ideas with this one?
~ :	Thx again,
~ :	Stef
~ :------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~ :	This message came from Fyodor:
~ :"try to use lattest
~ :version: http://snort.sourceforge.net/snort-1.6.3-patchlevel1.tar.gz
~ :and
~ :let us know whether the problem is till there. if yes, we'd like to see
~ :stack traceback/corefile too :)"
~ :
~ :Snort-users mailing list
~ :Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net