[Snort-users] Segmentation fault on 1.6.3/Linux 2.2.15

Martin Roesch roesch at ...421...
Thu Sep 21 14:52:53 EDT 2000

Hmm, I'm pretty sure we fixed that -C problem a while back.  Are you running
it with rules?  If so, make sure the defrag preprocessor is deactivated.  Can
you give us some examples of switch combos you're using?  How about core
files, do you have any?

    -Marty

stefmit at ...384... wrote:

>         Hi, everybody
>         Just a quickie: have installed and finally run snort 1.6.3 on a
> 2.2.15-4mdk (the 4mdk stands for the Mandrake distro). The
> problem I am having is that it dumps core/segmentation fault on me
> after only 5-10 minutes of running. I haven't tried all "switches"
> possible for the snort command, but the -C definitely kills it after a
> while. Have looked up the archives on this email list - but nothing
> like this mentioned since May, which makes me believe the
> newest version I am running has been presumable fixed. Any ideas
> here?
>         TIA,
>         Stef

Martin Roesch