[Snort-users] Re: Segmentation Fault

stefmit at ...384... stefmit at ...384...
Thu Sep 21 17:38:05 EDT 2000

	Tried this (got the patched version) - something interesting is
happening now - before the patched version it used to run 5-10
minutes, followed by a core dump/segmentation fault. Now it runs
for less than a minute, followed by a "network not up" error, after
which I have to "ifconfig eth0 up" again ... of course I never received
a segmentation fault again ... but I am not quite sure I want to bring
up the interface that often either ?!?
	Anybody any ideas with this one?
	Thx again,
	Stef
	This message came from Fyodor:
"try to use lattest
version: http://snort.sourceforge.net/snort-1.6.3-patchlevel1.tar.gz
and
let us know whether the problem is till there. if yes, we'd like to see
stack traceback/corefile too :)"