[Snort-users] Segmentation fault on 1.6.3/Linux 2.2.15

stefmit at ...384... stefmit at ...384...
Thu Sep 21 13:55:22 EDT 2000

	Hi, everybody
	Just a quickie: have installed and finally run snort 1.6.3 on a
2.2.15-4mdk (the 4mdk stands for the Mandrake distro). The
problem I am having is that it dumps core/segmentation fault on me
after only 5-10 minutes of running. I haven't tried all "switches"
possible for the snort command, but the -C definitely kills it after a
while. Have looked up the archives on this email list - but nothing
like this mentioned since May, which makes me believe the
newest version I am running has been presumable fixed. Any ideas
here?
	TIA,
	Stef