[Snort-users] Re: Snort 1.7-beta0 and CVS

Roman Danyliw roman at ...438...
Wed Sep 20 08:56:17 EDT 2000

(from the Snort web site documentation under "CVS Information")
Getting snort from CVS involves only 2 commands

1. First, enter the following: (hit <enter> for the password)

$  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort login

2. Then enter the following:

$  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.snort.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snort
co snort

3. You should now find a 'snort' directory in your current
directory. Change into that directory and do standard compile to make the
binary.

Hope this helps,
Roman