[Snort-users] Snort 1.6.3, MySQL 3.22.32 and OpenBSD 2.7 (Generic)

Bill Marquette wlmarque at ...8...
Tue Sep 19 17:17:32 EDT 2000

You need to add /usr/local/lib/mysql to the shlibs line in /etc/rc.conf.
Dynamically you can add it by running ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/mysql.  I
_think_ you can also just put in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable, however I'm
on a Solaris box right now (and that's how Sun does it) so can't double check
the results on OpenBSD.

--Bill

From: "David Kraus" <davidk at ...476...> on 09/19/2000 03:43 PM

Please respond to davidk at ...476...

To:   Snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc:
Client:
Subject:  [Snort-users] Snort 1.6.3, MySQL 3.22.32 and OpenBSD 2.7 (Generic)

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone else has compiled Snort with MySQL 3.22.32 support
on OpenBSD 2.7 (Generic) and if they ran into the following issue:

Compiled Snort 1.6.3 with:
./configure
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/include/mysql/
--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/lib/mysql/

After making and installing the Snort binary, executing it returns the
following before terminating:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: snort: libmysqlclient.so.6.0: No such file or
directory

Mysql 3.22.32 is installed and appears to be fully functional from
/usr/local/

The snort database is configured from the script distributed in the
contrib directory.

libmysqlclient.so.6.0 exists and is located at
/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6.0

I'm sure that it is something silly, I've been prone to do many silly
things in the past with 'nix machines, or in actuallity, machines in
general.

Thanks,

Dave Kraus
Network Administrator