[Snort-users] Snort 1.6.3, MySQL 3.22.32 and OpenBSD 2.7 (Generic)

David Kraus davidk at ...476...
Tue Sep 19 16:43:27 EDT 2000

Hello!

I'm wondering if anyone else has compiled Snort with MySQL 3.22.32 support
on OpenBSD 2.7 (Generic) and if they ran into the following issue:

Compiled Snort 1.6.3 with:
./configure
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/local/include/mysql/
--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/local/lib/mysql/

After making and installing the Snort binary, executing it returns the
following before terminating:
/usr/libexec/ld.so: snort: libmysqlclient.so.6.0: No such file or
directory

Mysql 3.22.32 is installed and appears to be fully functional from
/usr/local/

The snort database is configured from the script distributed in the
contrib directory.

libmysqlclient.so.6.0 exists and is located at
/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.6.0

I'm sure that it is something silly, I've been prone to do many silly
things in the past with 'nix machines, or in actuallity, machines in
general.

Thanks,

Dave Kraus
Network Administrator