[Snort-users] compile cannot find libcap-04

Gregor Binder gbinder at ...462...
Tue Sep 19 06:57:35 EDT 2000

Dragos Ruiu on Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 02:12:49AM -0700:

Hi,

> If you didn't install the libpacp rpm that came with the system
> but instead installed it in /usr/local from a tarball

libpcap "make install" doesn't copy any headerfiles but just the
archive. Seems to me that this should be considered "broken", who
would want to install an archive without headers?

tcp_wrappers has the same problem, even though it does provide value
without the headers. You will just run into problems when you try to
compile programs with libwrap support.

I usually just leave the source around on the development system
anyway, which is also useful to debug compilation problems that
somehow relate to the libs.

Cheers,

  Gregor Binder.

--
Gregor Binder  <gbinder at ...462...>  http://www.sysfive.com/~gbinder/
sysfive.com GmbH             UNIX. Networking. Security. Applications.