[Snort-users] Follow-up?Q? Snort without IP address bound to the NIC?!?

stefmit at ...384... stefmit at ...384...
Mon Sep 18 22:58:17 EDT 2000

	Thanks to all for replies - I guess I should have tried before
asking ;-) It definitely worked (somehow ?!?). Now - next problem: I
am trying to use (succesfully - for a while) the non-tcpdump format,
payload and port scan logging options - the program starts and
runs OK (I can watch - i.e. tail -f - the alert and portscan logs) this
for anywhere between 10 - 15 minutes, after which it "bombs" out
with a segmentation fault ... snort version: 1.6.3 ... any ideas here?